Panchakarma Virechana / Detoxification
What is Panchakarma Virechanam / Detoxification
Panchakarma Virechanam / Detoxification is a bio-cleansing, purification therapy to detox the body and mind. It is a rather medicated purgation therapy. Its one of the five Panchakrma procedure helps in healing of body and Prevent physical, metal disorders as well as general illness. It is an herbal purging process aiming at elimination of excessive Pitta Dosha and Ama and which in turn purifies blood, as well as clearing toxins from the body.
Procedure of Panchakarma Virechanam
In this procedure, the vitiated doshas eliminated through the rectal route. The procedure consists of various stages. In the first place It starts with medications to correct the metabolism.
Then next step is internal oleation or Snehapanam with the help of medicated ghrtam based on Doshas.
Further to internal oleation external oleation of the body done with Abhyangam.
In the final stage medicines for purgation given to the patient. After purgation the patient need to follow light and simple diet. Throughout the procedure special customized diet chart also given to patient.
Types of Panchakarma Virechanam / Detoxification
Panchakarma – Virechana is categorizes bases on Doshas.
Panchakarma Virechana mainly classified in Snigdha Virechana and Rooksha Virechana.
- Snigdha Virechana: In this procedure castor oil or Haritaki fruit choorn use for Purgation. Its Useful when Pitta Dosha is associated with Vata Dosha.
- Rooksha Virechana: Usually 20 to 30grams of Trivirt leham use for Purgation purpose. Its useful when Pitta Dosha is associated with Kapha Dosha
Advantages of Virechanam therapy:
- The patient feels very relaxed, clean, light, and strong after the Virechana therapy successfully.
- It normalizes the digestion, assimilation, and appetite of the body.
- Virechana therapy helps to bring clarity to the mind and stimulates the intellectual level.
- It is effective in the treatment of Pitta disorders, such as skin inflammations.
- Beneficial in treatments of diseases like chronic fever, piles, abdominal tumors, worms, and gout.
- Panchakarma Virechana is also effective in the treatment of jaundice, irritable bowel syndrome, gastrointestinal problems, and constipation.
- Panchakarma Virechana also helps in treatment of Diabetes, Hypertension, PCOD, GERD and gynaecological disorders. In addition to that its equally important in treatment hormonal disorder
Virechana therapy is a natural and effective therapy for several health problems.