Ayurveda treatment for PCOD
Poly Cystic Ovarian disease (PCOD) is the most common endocrinopathy in women of reproductive age, resulting from insulin resistance and compensatory hyperinsulinemia. This imbalance affects the ovaries leading to the formation of small cysts. These are a few signs and symptoms associated with the condition- PCOD. Here will discuss about Ayurveda treatment for PCOD, before will understand what is PCOD?
What is PCOD
A hormonal disorder causing enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edges. It Is hormonal imbalance This imbalance affects the ovaries leading to the formation of small cysts.
Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome is a relatively common endocrine disorder in women of reproductive age group.
Symptoms of PCOD
Some common symptoms of PCOD include
- Weight gain
- Irregular menstrual cycle,
- Facial hair growth, male pattern baldness,
- Acne which refuses to heal, pigmentation around the neck region and infertility.
- Darkening of the skin. Dark patches of skin can form in body creases like those on the neck, in the groin, and under the breasts.
- Hormone changes can trigger headaches in some women.
Causes of PCOD
The cause of PCOS is still unknown. However, it is possible to find the association of PCOS with low grade inflammation, excess insulin, high male hormone production (hyperandrogenism) and genetics. In addition, the early age of menarche, an unhealthy lifestyle and pollution are some of the factors that contribute to PCOS.
Complications of PCOD can include:
- Gestational diabetes or pregnancy-induced high blood pressure
- Miscarriage or premature birth
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis — a severe liver inflammation caused by fat accumulation in the liver
- Metabolic syndrome — a cluster of conditions including high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels that significantly increase your risk of cardiovascular disease
Awareness regarding PCOD at an early stage will help to avoid future implications. Unhealthy lifestyles, stress, excessive consumption of junk foods are some factors that need to be addressed.
1) Shatavari: Helps to balance hormones and maintain the ovarian plexus. Prevents the formation of new cysts and also prevents remission of the disease
2) Kanchnar Guggulu: helps to remove toxins and wastes from the system and improves metabolism.
3) Bilva: Bilva is immensely rich in essential nutrients and bioactive compounds that help reduce the size of cysts
4) Gudichi: has a rejuvenating effect, corrects hormonal imbalance, reduces inflammation, supports weight loss and regulates blood loss. menstrual cycle
5) Punarnava: Helps in the production of reproductive hormones in women and corrects hormonal problems. It is known to increase blood circulation, improve insulin resistance, and cure PCOD
Ayurveda treatment for PCOD
A multidisciplinary approach is planned wherein a healthy diet to correct metabolism, lifestyle changes, relieving stress factors along with medications are advised.
Ayurveda emphasizes Shodhana or Panchakarma therapies like Vaman, Virechana, Basti along Shamana and internal medications are the key treatments planned to tackle PCOD.
For more details visit www.adyantayurveda.com or call +91 9972541009