Ayurveda treatment for Hypertension
What is Hypertension? / Definition of Hypertension
Hypertension is defined as blood pressure above 140/90 and is considered severe if the pressure is above 180/120. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. Over time, if untreated, it can cause health conditions, such as heart disease and stroke. Ayurveda treatment helps to maintain blood pressure under control. Let’s see how Ayurveda treatment for hypertension helps to control Hypertension.
Ayurveda View about Hypertension/ Ayurveda approach to Hypertension/ what is BP According to Ayurveda
Hypertension, also known as Raktagata Vata in Ayurveda, is one of the most common health conditions. The pressure of the blood in the arteries is high enough to cause heart disease. Your blood pressure is determined by the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the amount of resistance to blood flow in your arteries. According to Ayurveda, high blood pressure occurs when the Vata dosha, which governs the nervous system, becomes imbalanced and disturbs the balance of other doshas in the body.
Causes and Symptoms of Hypertension
Higher blood pressure is caused when more blood is pumped by the heart in narrow streets. While not having any particular symptoms, some of the high blood pressure symptoms could include shortness of breath, headaches, or nosebleeds. In some cases, even when the blood pressure reaches life-threatening levels, it can be asymptomatic. Ayurveda, the ancient science, helps stabilize blood pressure as well as keep your heart healthy. In today’s world, sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy diets are the root causes of hypertension. They are creating toxins, these narrow down the blood pressure, leading to hypertension. So it’s equally important to change lifestyle and diet to control Hypertension.
Ayurvedic herbs for Hypertension / Ayurveda Medicines for Hypertension
1) Amalaki: Amalaki or Indian gooseberry is a ubiquitous herbal food in Indian cuisine which is also a great natural remedy for hypertension.
2) Arjuna: Arjuna bark extracts consumed in the form of powders and decoctions, do wonder to get relief from hypertension
3) Sarpagandha: Sarpagandha is a powerful plant that contains a treasure of phytonutrients, specific alkaloids with antihypertensive and sedative qualities
4) Punarnava: Punarnava is a natural diuretic, which facilitates blood circulation in the renal tract and ensures a healthy blood supply to the kidneys
5) Tulsi: Tulsi is a wonderful Ayurvedic herb that lowers high blood pressure and effectively corrects signs of hypertension such as headaches and fatigue
6 ) Garlic: Garlic helps lower blood pressure because it is a natural anticoagulant and lowers cholesterol levels.
7) Ashwagandha: Stress is the main cause of hypertension and there is no better remedy than Ashwagandha to calm the mind
8) Triphala: its anti-inflammatory properties reduce the strain on the blood vessels and help to control hypertension
Ayurveda treatment for Hypertension / Can Ayurveda cure Hypertension?
Detoxification of the body helps the medicines work better towards taking care of the root cause of the disease. It also equally focuses on improving your lifestyle and diet, as these play a vital role in complementing the effect of medicines and sustaining the benefits of the treatment. Also, since Ayurveda focuses on the disease’s actual cause, it reduces the risk of severe health problems and complications arising out of the untreated underlying cause. This gives an upper hand to the patients who complete their Ayurveda treatment, as they have an effectively reduced risk of health complications arising later. In the first place, Ayurveda uses personalized herbal medicines to balance the aggravated pitta and Vata Dosha. Counseling is also provided for mental relaxation and rejuvenation since the state of mind also plays a vital role in managing hypertension. In the advanced stage, hypertension starts affecting vital organs such as the brain, heart, and kidney. So, the Ayurveda treatment includes:
- Balancing all the affected Doshas.
- Strengthening metabolism.
- Cleansing the body channels.
- Addressing the involved complications.
- Effective Panchakarmatreatment is also recommended to manage blood pressure in the long run.
Most important findings:
- High BP or hypertension is a condition in which blood presses against the walls of the highways due to increased blood inflow or condensation of the blood vessels.
- High blood pressure can be caused by a sedentary life, poor salutary habits, or a beginning condition similar to rotundity and diabetes.
- Taking ashwagandha, cinnamon, parsley, garlic, gusto, watermelon, etc. can control high blood pressure.
- Still, consider taking herbal medications similar to Normact tablets and Parthadyarishtam, If you’re looking for a more effective way to treat high blood pressure.
It has no specific symptoms. Still, severe hypertension may be associated with headaches. In utmost cases, it’s the headache that causes hypertension.
Through weight control, physical activity, and avoidance of a high-salt diet from childhood. Incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet can lower or protect against the development of hypertension and it can also help improve your health in general.
Primary (essential) hypertension can not be cured. It’s a lifelong condition that can be controlled by following a healthy life and taking the prescribed drug. Only high blood pressure due to another medical condition( secondary hypertension) can be cured, but not always, if the underpinning complaint is resolved.
The increase in blood pressure that occurs after menopause is mainly due to oestrogen deficiency, although other factors also play a role, such as weight gain, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, etc.
Moderate hypertension may only require a programmed diet and exercise plan. If these measures are not enough, there is a wide range of medications that can also be used. Your doctor will select an appropriate medication and dose. However, you must remember that taking antihypertensive tablets does not mean that you can no longer follow the diet and exercise plan recommended for you.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body cope with stress, which can contribute to hypertension.
- Brahmi: Brahmi is a calming herb that helps reduce anxiety and stress, which are known contributors to high blood pressure.
- Arjuna: Arjuna is a heart tonic that helps improve circulation and lower blood pressure.
- Guggulu: Guggulu is a resin that helps lower cholesterol levels and improve blood flow, which can help reduce blood pressure.
- Garlic: Garlic is a natural blood thinner that helps reduce blood pressure by improving circulation.