BEST AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR PSORIASIS
Is there any best Ayurveda treatment for psoriasis?
Yes! Ayurveda has the best treatment for psoriasis.
Psoriasis is one of the common skin diseases which is chronic (long term).In psoriasis Skin usually looks like the skin of fish (scales of fish). As per Ayurveda, all skin diseases are classified under Kustha. Among them kitibha, Eka kushta. can be broadly correlated to psoriasis as both have similar clinical features. Having Vata -Kapha dosha predominance. in which affected skin looks like scales of fish. We will discuss here about best Ayurvedic treatment for Psoriasis.
What are the signs and symptoms of Psoriasis?
Psoriasis symptoms vary from person to person. Red skin covered with thick, silvery scales, dry, cracked skin that may bleed, itch, burn or hurt, thickened, scarred, or roughened nails, swollen, stiff joints, psoriasis patches can vary from a few Patches vary from scale-like flakes to large rashes covering large areas. The most commonly affected areas are the lower back, elbows, knees, legs, soles of the feet, scalp, face and palms.
Is there any specific size and shape of Psoriasis patches?
There is no specific size or shape.
A patch may be present in single to multiple parts of the body, covering small to large areas of the body.
Is there are any different types of psoriasis?
psoriasis is mainly 5 types depending upon the site it affects and the sign and symptoms it shows.
Is psoriasis episodic?
Yes! Most of the time psoriasis may cyclically re-accrue in weeks, months or seasons.
Yes! Ayurveda has the best preventive, curative treatment for psoriasis.
Causative factors for psoriasis as below
There are mainly two types of causative factors which are responsible for psoriasis assurance and its prognosis i.e Apathya Ahara (unwholesome food) and Apathya vihara(regimen)
I Apathy Ahara (unwholesome food)
1. Intake of wrong food combinations such as milk with fish.
2. Drinks that are fatty and heavy to digest.
3. Eating food haphazardly has hot and cold properties.
4. Doing unnecessary fasting.
5. Use of cold water immediately after exposure to scorching sun heat, exertion or exposure to a frightening situation.
6. Intake of left-over food, uncooked food and intake of food before the previous meal is digested.
7. Excessive intake of foods of freshly harvested grains, and curd.
8. Excessive intake of fish, salt and sour substances.
9. Excessive intake of black gram, radish, Sesame seeds and Jaggery.
II Apathya Vihara (regimen)
1. Suppression of the natural urges like vomiting, urine, sneezing etc.
2. Doing physical exercise soon after a heavy meal and in extreme
3. Improper administration of Panchakarma therapies without proper knowledge.
4. Performance of sexual activity while suffering from indigestion.
5. Sleep during the daytime.
III Psychological causes.
1. Doing sinful acts.
2. Taking unnecessary tension and stress.
3. Getting anger, keeping lust, greed, attachment, ego, jealousy etc.
It can be treated by using.
1. Following the Padhya Ahara, vihara and avoiding Apathya Ahara vihara.
2. Shodhana- Elimination or Purification (internal and external) by Panchakarma.
3. Shamana- Palliative treatment.
4. Rasayana – Rejuvenation therapy
5. Yoga and pranayama
Your Vaidya chooses the best treatment for your disease according to the pathology of the disease.
Shodhana Chikitsa includes panchakarma therapies like Vamana, Virechana, and Raktamokshana. Takradhara is also beneficial. Shamana Chikitsa i.e medications specific to the condition is also prescribed, both internal and external. It is followed by Rasayana therapy to maintain and rejuvenate the tissues. Lifestyle and diet modifications are advised according to the need. In total, a holistic approach is planned in Ayurveda for Psoriasis. If there are any psychological causes leading to diseases or if an affected area is the head and neck Nasyam is a better treatment to get relief. If pitta is dominant then Virchana (Purgation therapy using suitable Ayurveda medicines) is done, and for Kapha dominant psoriasis Vamana (emetic therapy using Ayurveda medicines) is done.
External purification is also required to treat Psoriasis
Raktamokshana therapy (Bloodletting ) by using various methods to remove impurities from the blood
Shamana- Palliative treatment.
If dosha predominance is less, or if the disease is new with very less symptoms then Vaidya may advise Shamana treatment, which may be using many dosage forms like kashaya, Asava, arista, Choorna etc
Some of the external Shamana therapies like
Vrana Dhavana (medicated wash), Abhyanga (medicated oil massage) lepa (medicine application), and Sweden (medicated steam application).
There are few herbs and Ayurvedic medicines available in treatment for Psoriasis Madhaasava, Kanakasava Triphalasava, Dashamularisha, Amrutarista, Manjistadi kashaya, Patolmuladi kashaya, Mustadi Choorn, Triphaladi Choorn, Mahatiktaka Ghrita, Maha Khadira Ghrita•.
- Yogasana and Pranayama
- Vaidya may advise Yogasana and pranayama for prevention, prognosis and cure of disease.
- Yogaasana – sarvanagasava pavana muktasana virabhadrasana etc
- Pranayama – kumbhaka ,rechaka , kapalbhati,bharari omakara etc.
It’s just brief regarding the best treatment for psoriasis in Ayurveda.
If there is a will to use Ayurveda, then there is a cure for all!