Ayurveda management for Varicose veins
What is Varicose vein? / Know more about varicose veins
Varicose veins are enlarged veins. Any superficial vein might also emerge as varicose, however, the veins most usually affected are those in your legs. This is because standing and strolling upright will increase the pressure within the veins of your decrease body. Ayurveda management for varicose veins helps to reduce pain and symptoms.
For many human beings, varicose veins and spider veins — a commonplace, slight variation of varicose veins — are certainly a cosmetic challenge. For different human beings, varicose veins can cause aching ache and discomfort. varicose veins cause more severe issues than spider veins.
Symptoms and signs of Varicose vein
Symptoms you can have varicose veins consist of:
- Veins which are darkish red or blue in shade
- Veins that seems twisted and bulging; may be regularly like cords on your legs
When painful signs and symptoms and signs arise, they’ll consist of:
- An achy or heavy feeling on your legs
- Burning, throbbing, muscle cramping, and swelling for your decrease legs
- Worsened ache after sitting or status for a long time
- Itching around one or greater of your veins
- pores and skin discolouration around a varicose vein
Spider veins are just like varicose veins, but they may be smaller. These veins are observed towards the skin’s surface and are regularly red or blue.
Spider veins arise on the legs, but also can be discovered on the face. They vary in size and frequently appear to be a spider’s web.
Risk Factors in Varicose vein
Complications of varicose veins, although rare, can include:
- Ulcers. Painful ulcers may form on the skin near varicose veins, particularly near the ankles. A discoloured spot on the skin usually begins before an ulcer forms.
- Blood clots. Occasionally, veins deep within the legs become enlarged. In such cases, the affected leg may become painful and swell. The condition is known medically as thrombophlebitis.
- Bleeding. Occasionally, veins very close to the skin may burst. This usually causes only minor bleeding. But any bleeding requires medical attention.
Prevention of Varicose vein
There’s no way to completely prevent varicose veins. But improving your circulation and muscle tone may reduce your risk of developing varicose veins or getting additional ones. The same measures also you can take to treat the discomfort from varicose veins at home.
- Watching your weight
- Eating a high-fibre, low-salt diet
- Avoiding high heels and tight hosiery
- Elevating your legs
- Changing your sitting or standing position regularly
Few reasons for varicose vein
- excessive strain on the legs & stomach due to immoderate weight benefit
- Weakening of the body due to age
- Hormonal disorder
- extended intervals of standing which create extra stress at the legs
- lack of workout
- undertaking sporting events that put excess stress on the legs
- Genetic predisposition
- sicknesses like vein thrombosis
- A severe injury or surgical treatment of the leg
Ayurveda view about varicose veins / Ayurveda approach about varicose veins
Varicose veins are mainly a Vata disorder, brought on by an imbalance in Vyana Vata, but most often with pitta involvement which generates increased pressure, which affects the valves and the elasticity of their veins.
Vata is characteristically dry, moving, and demanding. The mind-body operator (dosha) governs movement in the body, for example, the motion of the blood through the veins and arteries.
Vyana Vata, the sub doshas of Vata, is responsible for hauling oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the body’s cells through the blood vessels
When Vyana Vata is out of balance, excessive dryness contributes to the hardening and loss of elasticity of these valves and the veins. Varicose veins are primarily caused by poor circulation as regulated by Vyana Vata. Its secondary complications such as ulcers are due to impurities in the bloodstream
Ayurveda views varicose veins as well as a Pitta dosha imbalance, often associated with Vata and sometimes Kapha imbalance. The Ayurvedic treatment concentrate on digestion, herbals, detox, diet, yoga, exercise, as well as lifestyle changes. Rejuvenation herbal food supplements help improve circulation as well as to help prevent the build-up of impurities in the veins. These formulations help revitalize the organs and tissues, the deterioration of which causes premature ageing and can be a component in varicose veins. Herbal food supplements that help with inflammation and ulcers can be effective.
Therapeutic procedures like Udwartana, Siravyadha/Raktamokshan as well as leech, Kizhi, Nadisweda are done externally to give relief in varicosity.
Further to Ayurveda treatment, exercise, diet, and lifestyle modification is also eqully important to reduce pain and symptoms of Varicose vein