Ayurvedic treatment for HypothyroidismHypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormones to meet your body’s needs. It is also called underactive thyroid. The thyroid gland is small in size butterfly-shaped in front of your neck. The hormones control the way your body uses them. So, its effect almost every organ in your body, even your mind as well as heartbeats also. It is Slow down most of the functions of the body. Hypothyroidism will contribute to high cholesterol. If you have got high cholesterol, you must get tested for hypothyroidism. Herewith will discuss in detail how Ayurvedic treatment for Hypothyroidism helps.
What are the symptoms of hypothyroidism?Hypothyroidism has many symptoms that can vary from person to person. Some common symptoms of hypothyroidism include fatigue, weight gain, joint and muscle pain, dry skin, thinning hair, heavy or irregular periods, fertility problems, slow heartbeat as well as depression. Some other symptoms are elevated blood cholesterol level, Impaired memory as well as the enlarged thyroid gland. The signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism vary, depending on the severity of hormonal deficiency. Problems have a tendency to develop slowly, over some of the years. But as your metabolism continues to slow, you could develop more-apparent problems. If Hypothyroidism develops in children have the same symptoms but some more signs are like Poor mental development, Poor growth, resulting in short stature, Delayed development of permanent teeth can see.
What causes hypothyroidism?Hypothyroidism has several causes. Some common causes are below
- In rare cases, a Pituitary disease or too much or too little iodine in your diet
- Radiation treatment of the thyroid
- Surgical removal of part or all of the thyroid
- Congenital hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism that is present at birth
- Thyroiditis, inflammation of the thyroid
- Use of certain medications.
- Radiation therapy to the neck area
- Hashimoto’s disease is an autoimmune disorder where your immune system attacks your thyroid.
Diet for Hypothyroidism
- Take foods with high contents of Iodine like Fish, Shell Fish, Asparagus, Potatoes, White Onion are recommended.
- Avoid Sweet Potatoes, Spinach, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Soya as this food slow down the functioning of the Thyroid gland
- Hypothyroidism patients should consume more milk
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Specific vegetables include having cucumber in large quantities.
- Pulses like Bengal gram and Moong Dal help in maintaining thyroid levels and cures hypothyroidism quicker
- Take higher fibre starchy foods like potatoes, bread, rice or pasta
- Eat some beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat and other protein
- Drink plenty of fluids (at least 6 to 8 glasses a day)