Panchakarma Virechana / Detoxification
What is Panchakarma Virechana / Detoxification?
Panchakarma Virechana / Detoxification is a bio-cleansing, purification therapy to detox the body and mind. It is a rather medicated purgation therapy. It’s one of the five Panchakarma procedures that helps in the healing of the body and Prevents physical, and mental disorders as well as general illness. It is a herbal purging process aiming at the elimination of excessive Pitta Dosha and Ama and which in turn purifies blood, as well as clears toxins from the body. Here will discuss Panchakarma Virechana / Detoxification
The procedure of Panchakarma Virechana / How Virechana work ?
In this procedure, the vitiated doshas are eliminated through the rectal route. The procedure consists of various stages. In the first place, It starts with medications to correct the metabolism.
The next step is internal oleation or Snehapanam with the help of medicated Ghrtam based on Doshas.
Further to internal oleation external oleation of the body is done with Abhyangam.
In the final stage medicines for purgation are given to the patient. After purgation, the patient needs to follow a light and simple diet. Throughout the procedure, a specially customized diet chart is also given to the patient.
Types of Panchakarma Virechana / Detoxification
Panchakarma – Virechana is categorized based on Doshas.
Panchakarma Virechana is mainly classified as Snigdha Virechana and Rooksha Virechana.
- Snigdha Virechana: In this procedure castor oil or Haritaki fruit churn is used for Purgation. It’s Useful when Pitta Dosha is associated with Vata Dosha.
- Rooksha Virechana: Usually 20 to 30 grams of Trivirt leham used for Purgation purposes. It’s useful when Pitta Dosha is associated with Kapha Dosha
The indications for Virechana treatment are as follows:
1. To improve symptoms of chronic pain.
2. To improve symptoms of anxiety and depression.
3. To improve symptoms of PTSD.
4. To improve symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome.
5. To improve symptoms of fibromyalgia.
6. To improve symptoms of lyme disease.
7. To improve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
8. To improve symptoms of diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
9. To improve symptoms of sickle cell anemia.
10. To improve symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
The Virechana Diet is a fasting and detoxification diet that is popular in India. It is based on the principles of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine. The Virechana Diet is designed to cleanse the body and restore balance.
The Virechana Diet is a three-day fast that begins on the morning of the first day and ends on the morning of the third day. During the fast, you should avoid all food, including water, tea, coffee, and food made with these substances. During Virechana and post 4 days of Virechana treatment need to avoid milk, milk products, Fruit, fruit juices, non-veg food, and bakery items. This is the main diet during Panchakarma Virechana, Need to take light food and plenty of water ( hot water). Need to avoid oily and spicy food as well
The Virechana Diet is designed to cleanse the body and restore balance. It is based on the principles of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine. Ayurveda believes that the body is composed of three elements: air, earth, and water. All of these elements are necessary for health and balance. For detailed diet chart please contact us.
Virechana treatment at Home
Virechana is a type of Ayurvedic purgation therapy that involves the use of herbal laxatives to cleanse the body of toxins. It is typically done under the guidance of a trained Ayurvedic practitioner, as it can have some risks and contraindications.
If you are interested in doing Virechana treatment at home, it is important to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner or physician first to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for you. They will be able to provide you with specific instructions and guidance on how to properly prepare for and perform the treatment. Additionally, they will be able to provide you with the appropriate herbal laxatives and other materials that you will need for the treatment.
It is always recommended to consult with a professional before attempting any treatments at home.
Advantages of Virechana therapy:
- The patient feels very relaxed, clean, light, and strong after the Virechana therapy successfully.
- It normalizes the digestion, assimilation, and appetite of the body.
- Virechana therapy helps to bring clarity to the mind and stimulates the intellectual level.
- It is effective in the treatment of Pitta disorders, such as skin inflammations.
- Beneficial in treatments of diseases like chronic fever, piles, abdominal tumors, worms, and gout.
- Panchakarma Virechana is also effective in the treatment of jaundice, irritable bowel syndrome, gastrointestinal problems, and constipation.
- Panchakarma Virechana also helps in the treatment of Diabetes, Hypertension, PCOD, GERD, and gynecological disorders. In addition to that its equally important in the treatment of a hormonal disorder
Virechana therapy is a natural and effective therapy for several health problems