The normal growth cycle for each hair on scalp usuallytakes 2 to 6 years and each hair approximately grows one centimeter each month during this phase. About 10% of the hair on the scalp at any one time, is in its resting phase. The resting hair falls out after 2 to 3 months, and new hair starts to grow in its place.
While hair fall can scare people of all ages, the need for special care and attention to hair health is growing. But before we do any of that, it’s important to understand why hair fall happens. Here are the most common reasons for hair fall in men and women, which can be resolved with consultation from the best Ayurvedic doctor in Bangalore.
Reasons for hair fall
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions -A variety of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems. Medical conditions like alopecia areata, which is auto immune disorder and causes patchy hair loss, scalp infection such as ringworm also results in considerable amount of hair loss.
- Family History – the most common cause of hair loss is hereditary condition that happens with ageing. This condition is called androgenic alopecia, male-pattern baldness and female-pattern baldness. It usually occurs gradually and in predictable patterns – a receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning hair along the crown of the scalp in women.
- Hairstyle and treatment -excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull of your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. Hot-oil hair treatment and permanent also can cause hair to fall out. If scaring occurs, hair loss could be permanent.
- Physical stress – when the body is under stress, the natural cycle of hair growth is disrupted, resulting in hair loss, often in the form of thinning of hair or sometimes your hair may even come out in clumps. Any shock to the system, such as severe accident, burns or serious illness, can also shock the hair follicles.
- Nutrient deficiencies – The essential vitamins and nutrients, like proteins that you get from a healthyand well-balanced diet ensure good health all throughout your body, making sure all your organs and internal systems are working just as they should. Poor nutrition or severely restrictive crash or fad diets can lead to all kinds of nutrient deficiencies, which in turn can result in hair loss.
Ayurveda treatment for hair loss
In Ayurveda, it is termed as Khalitya if there is increased hair fall. It is classified under shirroroga. Romakupagata/Keshamulagatavitiated pitta (bhrajakta pitta) along with vitiated vata leads to withering of the hairs from their roots. Additional to this, vitiated sleshma /Kapha with rakta would cover and cause obstruction to the hair root, resulting in no futher hair growth from that particular place. Khalitya is mainly a Pitta predominant tridoshajanyavyadhi where all three Doshas are vititated. Depending on the predominance of Dosha, it is divided into following types.
- Vatajakhalitya – in this type, scalp (keshbhoomi) appears as if it agnidagha and it becomes Aruna and Shyava.
- PittajaKhalitya – here, the color of scalp looks as Peeta, Neela and Harita. The scalp is enclosed by the Siras (veins). Scalp may have sweat all over.
- kaphajaKhalitya – here, the scalp color is more or less of same color but here it is Ghana and Snigdha in appearance and the color inclines towards Whitish tinge.
- Sannipataja or TridoshajaKhalitya – in this type of Khalitya, all the three doshascharectericstics are observed. The scalp looks like burnt and it will have nail like appearance.
At, AdyantAyurvdaHosptial, we offer a very effective treatment procedure based on the classical texts of Ayurveda. The treatment consists of internal administration of rasayanas and keshvardhakyogs/ dravyas , application of specially formulated powders oils/packs externally.
Panchakarma Treatment in Bangalore for detoxification and kaya kalpa therapies for rejuvenation, which not only helps for hair fall prevention but also helps in regrowth of recently lost hairs. Apart from medical management, there should be healthy eating, stress control, healthy & balanced diet which are rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals and also healthy lifestyle are very much important to prevent hair fall.You can meet our team of best Ayurveda doctors to get relief from Hairfall